[fptex] fptex becomes xemtex

Luis A Escobar luis at lsu.edu
Tue May 10 19:06:54 CEST 2005

Dear Fabrice: I was sorry to get the official death certificate for
fpTeX.  But I knew it was coming. It is always hard to see friends,
relatives, love ones, or things one likes to go away.

I liked fpTeX since I met it for the first time. For me, it was love
at first sight.

I want to thank you for your work. You have been very helpful
whenever I requested your support.

I read your reasons to stop the support fpTeX. I understand some of
your frustration. But no matter what, thanks again for your help.

Now, the issue is what to adopt XEmTeX or MikTeX? I was once on the
MikTeX side and I do not have fun memories of it. So I am tempted to
try the XEmTeX bundle.

The invitation to visit our Campus and my Dept is still standing.

Best regards

Luis A. Escobar
Professor
Experimental Statistics
Louisiana State University

Luis A. Escobar
LSU
Ag Adm Bldg Room 159A
(225) 578 8377

                      Fabrice Popineau
                      <Fabrice.Popineau@        To:       fptex at tug.org
                      supelec.fr>               cc:       (bcc: Luis A Escobar/luis/LSU)
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  [fptex] fptex becomes xemtex
                      fptex-bounces at tug.
                      org

                      05/10/2005 10:43
                      AM

Long time no news.

In the end, I have assembled my xemtex bundle. I won't maintain fptex
anymore the way I did it. There are some explanations on the new web
pages. The fptex web site will be redirected to the xemtex pages.

http://www.metz.supelec.fr/~popineau/xemtex-1.html

People are welcome to download, try and report about the xemtex bundle.
Stay tuned about the web pages. A new mailing list will be set up soon.

Best regards,

--
Fabrice Popineau

voice-mail:   +33 (0) 387764715            |  and practice, is that
surface-mail: Supelec, 2 rue E. Belin,     |  theoretically,
                   F-57070 Metz                       |  there is no
difference !