[fptex] Re: Adobe Reader and base fonts

Luis A Escobar luis at lsu.edu
Thu Oct 28 18:30:16 CEST 2004

I received this from the tetex reader list. I don't use tetex because I am
happy
  with TexLive.

  Is this font issue something that will affect the TexLive users?

  Regards,  Luis A

---------------------- Forwarded by Luis A Escobar/luis/LSU on 10/28/2004
11:25 AM ---------------------------

Thomas Esser <te at dbs.uni-hannover.de>@dbs.uni-hannover.de on 10/28/2004
03:14:45 AM

Sent by:    owner-tetex at dbs.uni-hannover.de

To:    teTeX <tetex at dbs.uni-hannover.de>
cc:     (bcc: Luis A Escobar/luis/LSU)

Subject:    Re: Adobe Reader and base fonts

> The non-inclusion of the base 14 fonts, may indicate that we should start
> embed/download the base 35 fonts as default, i.e., dvipsDownloadBase35,
> pdftexDownloadBase14, dvipdfmDownloadBase14 should be set to true in
> updmap.cfg. Has this been considered in teTeX?

Yes, I have considered it. The approach currently taken for the upcoming
teTeX-3.0 is to use in the distribued updmap.cfg file
  pdftexDownloadBase14 true
  dvipdfmDownloadBase14 true
  dvipsDownloadBase35 false

Thanks,