[fptex] metapost and filenames containing tilde (~)

Peter Denisevich pdenis2 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 11 23:44:14 CET 2004

I started this discussion on comp.text.tex but since it seems to be (only?)
an fpTeX problem I'm transferring it here...

Using the current fpTeX (TL2003 +updates) mpost.exe chokes on filenames
containing tilde such as

  C:\DOCUME~1\PETERD~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\myfilename.mp

This breaks the perl script purifyeps which uses the %TEMP%
directory.  Microsoft in their infinite stupidity now uses horrible paths
like the one above as the default for  TEMP and TMP.

For the whole thread including comments from Scott Pakin and Dan Luecking
please see:

http://tinyurl.com/3blql

or Google "purifyeps workarounds :comp.text.tex"

Thanks,

--
Peter Denisevich
Fairfax, California