[fptex] [jean-claude.evard@wku.edu: Unexpected "Error"]

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jan 8 00:40:19 CET 2004

Hello Fabrice and all,

Jean-Claude has installed TL2003 and WinEdt under XP, but even the most
basic operations fail.  Never having run TeX on Windows, I'm sadly out
of my depth here.

I know people need to upgrade to the latest version from fptex.org for
add-ons like ImageMagick and Ghostscript to work, but at this point all
he's trying to do is run TeX, and is not even getting a comprehensible
error message for his pains.

Can you help him please?

Thanks,
karl