[fptex] finding fptex version in a PC

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Tue Feb 17 14:51:52 CET 2004

> Dear Fabrice: what is an easy way to find what is the current version
> of fptex in a PC?

> I need a simple command that provides the version of the fptex
> software.  That is all.

I never answered that. I guess you can look at c:\program
files\texlive\bin\win32\tl??kpse.dll (or actually any tex dll in there)
and look at their properties (right click on it, choose properties, then
version). It should report the build number. You can also ask for :
kpsewhich --version
and that will report the kpathsea version, then it is possible to deduce
the texlive/fptex version.

Fabrice