[fptex] Problem with Xemacs installed with XemTeX

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Wed Aug 11 21:36:27 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I ran into a strange problem with a TeX Live installation on Windows XPPro.
I ran the installer from the TeX Live 2003 CD, installed the `Generic full
TeX Live' as well as the `XemTeX' schemes.  The install ran smoothly.
However, when I start up Xemacs and try to open any file (with menu, c-x
c-f, or drag-and-drop), I get the message in the mini-buffer:

Symbol's value as variable is void: locale

And no file is loaded!  Can any one offer any hints on what to do?  TIA!

Best,
Andy

Andy Liaw, PhD
Biometrics Research          Phone: 732-594-0820
Merck Research Laboratories    Fax: 732-594-1565
PO Box 2000, RY33-300    mailto:andy_liaw at merck.com
<mailto:andy_liaw at merck.com>
Rahway, NJ 07065

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.