[fptex] -output-directory

Erling D. Andersen e.d.andersen at mosek.com
Thu Apr 22 08:05:42 CEST 2004

Hi Fabrice,

That is an excellent option. Very useful.

However, I think I have located one problem. Where does latex grab the *.aux file from?
Let say you have

src\file.tex
src\file.aux
out\file.dvi
out\file.aux

latex -output-directory out/ src/file.aux

from the src\ or the out\ directory?  In my opinion out\file.aux should have
preference over all other files. Right? But that does not seem to be the case!

[Just to inform you I trying to add proper latex support to otherwise fantastic make replacement tool
Sons (see www.scons.org).]

Erling

At 10:41 PM 4/21/2004, Fabrice Popineau wrote:
>> Is the latex option
>>
>> -output-directory
>>
>> a special fptex feature? None of UNIX/LINUX latex seems to have
>> it.
>
>Yes. MiKTeX has this option, and even a more specific one now to tell where
>to put the output file and where to put the other files (log, aux, etc).
>
>Maybe I'll add that too if there are users asking for it.
>
>Fabrice

>Denne mail er blevet scannet af http://www.virus112.com

MOSEK ApS
C/O Symbion Science Park