[fptex] [lorenzog68@interfree.it: Tex Users Group: Problems with WINDVI]

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Apr 13 02:22:42 CEST 2004

Can someone help Lorenzo?  I told him about downloading the new version
and/or using the inst CD, but surely windvi should basically work in the
CD's that were distributed ...

thanks,

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:23:54 +0200
From: "Lorenzo Giolli" <lorenzog68 at interfree.it>
To: <karl at freefriends.org>
Subject: Tex Users Group: Problems with WINDVI

Dear Karl,

One week ago I have become member of Tex Users Group and I have received
Tex Live 2003. I have installed on my computer Tex live (inst CD). I
have obtanied the following
directories:

bin, FAQ, info, man, texmf, texmf-local, texmf-var, usergrps,
xemtex

I don't have the following directories:
books, source, support

that are listed on the Tex live guide.

Windvi doesn't work (when I try to open a dvi file it closes).
I have renamed the following files in the texmf-var\web2c
directory:

mktex, texmf, fmtutil

with the estension cnf but Windvi doesn't work again.
This is what is written in my autoexec.bat file:

set TEXMFCNF = C:\Programmi\TexLive\texmf-var\web2c

Can you HELP ME ?

Very Truly Yours,

Lorenzo Giolli