[fptex] newlfm package

José Carlos Santos jcsantos at fc.up.pt
Fri Mar 14 12:18:45 CET 2003

Hi:

I have fpTeX installed in several machines and I ran into
a strange problem yesterday. I had a .tex file that I
compiled with pdfLaTeX and I got different results in
two machines (all went fine in one of them but I got
a "underfull vbox" in the other one). After a long search,
I discovered the reason for this: I was using the geometry
package and therefore pdfLaTeX used the configuration file
geometry.cfg. But in one of the machines it used the
configuration file from /texmf/tex/latex/geometry (as it
should) whereas in the other machine it used the
configuration file from /texmf/tex/latex/newlfm.
Therefore, I suggest that the file geometry.cfg should
be removed from newlfm.zip. Besides, there is no such file
at CTAN at

/texmf/tex/latex/newlfm

Best regards

Jose Carlos Santos