[fptex] new win32 binaries

LUK ShunTim ShunTim.Luk at polyu.edu.hk
Tue Feb 11 19:14:35 CET 2003

Fabrice Popineau wrote:
>>It appears that latex.exe etc is wrongly build to use e-TeX.
>

> Per request of the latex team, latex is switched to use etex.
> However, the problem might be with fmtutil.cnf incorrecty set to use
> etex. Can you check your fmtutil.cnf ?

I used the fmtutil.conf that came with the latest binaries.

I had a minimal texmf system and after I downloaded etexbase.zip the
format files elatex.efmt, etex.efmt, pdfelatex.efmt, pdfetex.efmt were
generated together with the *.fmt counterparts. Invoking *elatex*,

pdfelatex etc works fine but invoking *latex* will generate the *same*
error that "latex.efmt" not found as they are *not* generated.

BTW, I don't know much about e-tex, what are the major
difference/improvements?

Cheers,
ST

|  LUK ShunTim                                  |
|  Civil and Structural Engineering Department  |
|  The Hong Kong Polytechnic University         |
|  Hong Kong                                    |
|  email: ShunTim.Luk at polyu.edu.hk              |
|  phone: (852) 27666064  fax: (852) 23346389   |