[fptex] new win32 binaries

LUK ShunTim ShunTim.Luk at polyu.edu.hk
Tue Feb 11 16:30:31 CET 2003

Fabrice Popineau wrote:
> I have uploaded a packed set of new binaries for win32 (they might even
> hold the current e-Omega if anybody is interested in it).
>
> They are available at :
>
> ftp://ftp.dante.de/pub/fptex/standalone/binaries-latest-win32.zip

It appears that latex.exe etc is wrongly build to use e-TeX.

"latex file.tex" gives an error:
<quote>
This is e-TeXk, Version 3.14159-2.1 (Web2c 7.4.5)
  %&-line parsing enabled.
I can't find the format file `latex.efmt'!
</quote>

"latex --help" gives:
<quote>
Usage: etex [OPTION]... [TEXNAME[.tex]] [COMMANDS]
    or: etex [OPTION]... \FIRST-LINE
    or: etex [OPTION]... &FMT ARGS
   Run e-TeX on TEXNAME, usually creating TEXNAME.dvi.
</quote>

Format files (latex.fmt etc) are correctly created though running the
"create all format files" link.

Please take a look.

Cheers,
ST