[fptex] dvipdfm

Pascal Chantriaux pascal.chantriaux at ac-grenoble.fr
Fri Dec 19 10:17:39 CET 2003

> > I tried to add the line
> > f dvipdfm.map
> > in the config file of dvipdfm but it didn't work : I had a lot of  error
> > messages for fonts.
>
> You should add such a line containing the actual name of the *.map file
that came with your Type 1 fonts.

> For example, I have added some cyrillic Type 1 fonts from the ``pscyr''
package, AND my entry in the dvipdfm config file is ``f pscyr2.map'' (the
file ``pscyr2.map'' was distributed with the font-package).

I know how to configure manually dvipdfm by editing the config file, it was
how I did for the previous versions of texlive.
But updmap should do it automatically :
when I add a line for a map file in updmap.cfg and run updmap, map files in
\texmf-var\fonts\map\dvips
\texmf-var\fonts\map\pdftex
\texmf-var\fonts\map\dvipdfm
are updated and then dvips and pdftex work well with the new police but not
dvipdfm.

I think I have the solution of the problem : dvipdfm search a file called
"fonts.map" and the file updated by updmap is called "dvipdfm.map".
When I rename, in  \texmf-var\fonts\map\, dvipdfm.map in fonts.map, it
works.

Pascal