[fptex] Get an eps by Ghostview

Cristian Battaglia cristianbattaglia at katamail.com
Sun Dec 7 19:46:04 CET 2003

Good evening to every one!

I'll try to be concise: I wanna make a "good" eps with ghostview, that's my problem:
-I begin from a single ps page;
-I use PS to EPS of Ghostview;
-Ghost propertly shows the eps image.

Now I need to insert it (by LaTeX obviously). I put a frame around the image in order to controll better bounding box, there are some cases:
1. LaTeX=>DVI: Windvi sets the image correctly;
2. LaTeX+dvips: Ghost view sets the image correctly but one line of the frame is             always hidden;
3. LaTeX+dvipdfm: the frame is correctly positioned but the image is moved out of it         (it's sticked at the left margin and some centimeters downwards);
4. PDFLaTeX+epstopdf.sty: the frame have the dimension of an A4 paper sheet, image is position in the center of the frame.

If I use Acrobat5 to produce the eps I have:
1. perfect;
2. perfect;
3. like above!
4. perfect (also using {epstopdf});

It's clear that, until now, I've always used Acrobat5. I hope someone help me to fix this bugs because I'm not so expert to do it on my own.

                                                                 Thanks in advance
                                                                  Cristian Battaglia

(P.S.: I tried to insert the eps made by Ghost into Word, I added Windows Metafile preview too, but Word says there's no preview in the image.)

---