[fptex] LaTeX cannot find new Prosper style files

LUK ShunTim ShunTim.Luk at polyu.edu.hk
Thu Apr 3 12:53:27 CEST 2003

VK wrote:
> Hi,
> As a part of the TeXLive distribution of fpTeX for WinXP I got Prosper - a
> package to write PDF slides. The distribution included a few style files and
> worked well with all of them. However, adding a new style file proved to be
> a problem. Everything works if I keep the new style file, say
> thebestone.sty, in the same directory with the latex document, but latex
> cannot find the style file if I move it to the prosper directory where other
> style files reside. Typical output is:
>
> ! Class prosper Error: unknown Prosper style file: PPRthebestone.sty. ....
> ! Emergency stop. ....
> Sorry, no additional help ....
> No pages of output.
>
> Do I have to register the new style file with the fpTeX somehow, or what
> else might be the reason?
> I am sorry if the issue does not belong to fpTeX distribution directly.
> Apparently, it might be equally a problem of prosper or WinXP as well.
> With many thanks in advance, VK

What version are you using? I remembered having the same problem with a
standalone binary beta. It was later fixed. Maybe you can do a search on
the list archive for details.

Try the latest standalone binary and see if it fixes the problem.
And BTW, did you by any chance forget to update the search paths?

Cheers,
ST