[fptex] dvipdfm only works if in bin\win32 directory

Alan Tu alantu@alpha-pro.net
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 15:11:23 -0500 (EST)

Hello, It seems that dvipdfm works OK when I try to convert DVI files supplied with the FpTeX distro (do not require additional fonts). However, I put some Arab font and support files (ArabTeX) to allow me to generate Arabic type from ASCII transliteration. Now, these files are in texmf-local\fonts\source, tfm, type1, and style files in texmf-local\tex, etc. Using these extra files is fine when I run dvipdfm from its directory (bin\win32). However, even when dvipdfm is in my path, running dvipdfm filename from another directory generates the dvipdfm usage message (no error). How do I correct this problem? Alan