[fptex] help with installation

Luis A Escobar luis@lsu.edu
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:23:40 -0500

i need to change computers and need to re-install fptex.

  i use getfptex.bat to get the current files.

  i install the fptex in a windows 2000 system but i did not
  take the default installation in c:\Program Files\TeXLive and
  choose to install in c:\TeXLive

 Everything went well but now it seems that I have enviromental
 variables problems because see what i get when i tried to execute
 mktexlsr or when i try to latex a file

 Which enviromental variables do it need to set?
 Where do i find the info on the variables i need to define?

 Here is an example of my problems

 C:\TeXLive>cd ..

C:\>mktexlsr
mktexlsr:  VARTEXFONTS is not defined.  Defaulting to `C:\'.
mktexlsr: c:/Program Files/TeXLive/texmf is not a directory. Skipping...
mktexlsr: c:/tex/fonts is not a directory. Skipping...
mktexlsr: Done.

C:\>latex letter03
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2c 7.3.7x)
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt  latex.fmt
mktexfmt: fatal error, configuration file not found.
I can't find the format file `latex.fmt'!

C:\>

Thank you for your help.

Regards, Luis A