[fptex] pdfdde

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:36:54 +0200

* Peter Harmand <harmand@math.uni-oldenburg.de> writes:

> Can I use pdfdde to send Control-LeftArrow to the Acrobat Reader? If

I don't think so, but this is a nice idea. I'll try to add this
feature.

> yes, how?  pdfclose and pdfopen are already very helpful before and
> after running pdf(la)tex.  Hitting Control-LeftArrow then brings me
> back to the page in the document I was before.

> Is there any documentation on (pdfopen, pdfclose,) pdfdde? Who wrote
> the programs? Fabrice Popineau?

Yes, it's me. The only documentation available is :

D:\>pdfdde --help
Usage:
        pdfopen  --file <filename> [--page <page>]
                       Opens <filename> (at page <page> if available)
                             in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.
        pdfclose --file <filename>
                 Closes <filename> in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.
        pdfclose --all
                 Closes all documents in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.
        pdfdde
                       Read commands on stdin
Beware: only documents opened by `pdfopen' can be closed
        by `pdfclose'.

I can send you the source file if you want (sorry, I'm on holydays
with a very sparse Internet connexion).

Fabrice