[fptex] Installing fptex from TeXLive7

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 00:20:10 +0200

* ghz  <ghz@servidor.unam.mx> writes:

> Hello: I want to install fptex from TexLive7. I have a TexLive6
> installation in my machine and the installer in 7 seems to find it,
> because it suggests to install 7 in the directories of 6. Is it safe
> to let the installer do this? Will it upgrade my old installation?

It  won't do it intelligently.   Even if the  risk is low because most
files will be overwritten,  I think  you  should better uninstall  the
previous one   and then install the   current one. There  might be dll
conflicts between TL6 and TL7 because they have not been compiled with
the same compiler (VS6 vs VS.Net).

Fabrice