[fptex] pdflatex: cannot open font map file

Frederic Darboux Frederic.Darboux@orleans.inra.fr
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:11:48 +0100

Thank you for this information.

Following your message, I found a message of Sebastian Ratz
(<http://www.mail-archive.com/tetex@informatik.uni-hannover.de/msg01177.html>)
saying:
>	yes, sorry, it is a texlive bug. rawfonts.map and csfontd.map are
>       only installed if you choose Czech language support. one day I'll get
>       all this right.

I guess I got the same "problem" because fptex is included in the
TeXlive CD.

Frederic

Jose Carlos Santos a écrit :

> On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Frederic Darboux wrote:
>
> > I installed fpTeX 0.5 recently.
> > When I compile a file with pdflatex ("pdflatex mini"), I got two
> > warnings: the files rawfonts.map and csfontd.mapfile are not found (see
> > below).
> > I search these files on the hardrive and they do not exist.
> > I searched the fptex and the pdftex mailing list archives, and I could
> > not find anything relevant about those warnings.
> >
> > Are these warnings "normal"?
>
> Someone sent the same complain to the newsgroup comp.text.tex and Robin
> Fairbairns wrote:
> this is a texlive installation?  rawfonts.map is where you would
> expect it to be (in the same directory as pdftex.cfg), and the other
> one is in texmf/dvips/cspsfonts/csfontd.mapfile (which i would expect
> to be found in pdftex config file searches).  are they in those
> places? -- if not, pull them off the disc and try again; if they're
> there but protected against your use, correct that.  if they're still
> "missing" as far as pdftex is concerned, take a look at the file
> search texmf tracing.
>
> however, you probably don't need them, unless you're doing eccentric
> things (in the case of rawfonts) or writing czech (in the case of
> csfontd).
>
> I hope that this helps.
>
> Best regards
>
> Jose Carlos Santos