[fptex] TeX search path in Windows 2000

Prof Brian Ripley ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:28:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Luis A Escobar wrote:

> How do i find and modify the TeX (fptex) search path
>   in a Windows2000 environment?
>
>   I need this to tell \includegraphics where to find my
>   xxx.eps files without specifying the folder in which
>   the files are (i.e., let fptex use the search path
>   to find the files).

Set the environment variable TEXINPUTS.  How you do that depends on the
shell you use. I believe in cmd.exe it is

set TEXINPUTS=d:\path\to\figs;

but don't trust me as I use tcsh. The trailing ; means that you want to
add this in front of the normal search path.

You can set environment variables from all processes running under the
desktop in the `Advanced' properties of `My Computer'.