[fptex] ver 0.5 install problems - could not undump

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@gust.org.pl
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 01:51:35 +0100 (CET)

> This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2c 7.3.3.1)
> latex.exe: fatal: Could not undump 23225 4-byte item(s).

Recreate latex.ftm format file:
 fmtutil --byfmt=latex
or (for mouse lovers) menu:
Start->Programs->TeXLive->Maintenance->Create LaTeX format file

You should always recreate the format file(s):
1. when updating LaTeX (ConTeXt etc.) core files
2. when updating TeX engine (tex.exe, pdftex.exe, etc. *with* appropriate
   .pool file)
3. when adding or changing hyphenation patterns.

> except for
> C:\XFER\TEXSTUF\sample2e
> >kpsewhich -expand-var$TEXINPUTS

should be kpsewhich -expand-var $TEXINPUTS (space or `=' as separator)
but for looking just sample2e.tex:
 kpsewhich sample2e.tex
would be OK. I'd recommend: kpsewhich --help | more (at least).

> When I do a debug check, my DOS window is not large enough to capture
> all the lines
Please do the following in the DOS box:
set KPATHSEA_DEBUG_OUTPUT=myerr.log
set KPATHSEA_DEBUG=-1
latex sample2e

May I ask for not including again and again all previous messages
in subsequent mails. Thanks.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl