[fptex] Re: fptex digest, Vol 1 #133 - 2 msgs

Hans Hagen pragma@wxs.nl
Sun, 07 Apr 2002 09:47:13 +0200

At 11:56 PM 4/5/2002 +0200, Frans Goddijn wrote:
>I also have a W2000 machine and a flat screen (Samsung SyncMaster 151s) and
>WinEdt with fpTeX but I don't have that delay at all. But my TeX runs in a
>small window instead of a full screen, that might be the difference. I use
>WinEdt 5.3
>
>Interesting how this seems to be specifically a Winedt issue and on the
>WinEdt list one often reads general LaTeX questions :-)

Starting tex on a win2k machine is slower anyway; this has to do with the
fact that the kpse library has to convert names into unicode names; the
latest beta versions of fptex use a more clever approach and share
memory/resources and keep things in mem; so, this problem will disappear.

concerning a dos box, as long is that one is not full screen, it is not
slow at all, actually, on my (dell laptop) machine, full screen scrolling
is even significantly slower (probably not character mode) that windowed (i
use 4NT).

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server: