[fptex] windvi printing

John Frampton jframpto@lynx.dac.neu.edu
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 13:57:57 -0500

Is there any way to set the offsets differently for screen display and
printing in Windvi?  I need to move the printed material to the left by
.25 in the screen display (by setting xoffset in windivi.cnf) in order
for the printed material to appear with a 1in left margin.  It works,
but it is bothersome to look at an offcenter display on the screen.

The printer is an HPLJ1100, if that is relevant.

Incidently, I had to set xOffset=2.0 in order to get it in the right
place.  My manual (Windvi 0.63 User's Manual) says that decimal numbers
without dimensions are interpreted as inches.  If so, "2.0" is a
mysterious setting.

Thanks,
John Frampton