[fptex] Problem with two XY fonts in new installation

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Mon, 01 Apr 2002 17:01:36 +0200

* Gary Schwartz <schwartz@AFTERMATH.math.ou.edu> writes:

> I recently installed fpTeX for a colleague. Everything seemed fine
> until I tried to view a dvi file was compiled from a document that
> uses XY-pic. The font generator (kpathsea?) couldn't generate two of
> the fonts (xytipa and xytipb).  In the windvi log window, I saw
> "Permission denied" every time those two fonts were being generated
> (something to do with "astdout" in some temp directory). The weird
> thing is that other fonts have been generated with no problems.  The
> installation is under Windows 2000. Can anyone help me?

We need to know the exact reason why it failed. The message about
"astdout" by itself is not important. The problem might be that the
files already exist and are not readable/writable for this user.

If you can investigate a bit more, I can help.

Fabrice