[fptex] fpTeX 0.5 problem

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 22:02:44 +0200

* Svend Daugaard Pedersen <Svend@DaugaardPedersen.dk> writes:

> I have installed the new fpTeX without problems. Also WinDvi can be

Nothing significant in the texmf-var/web2c/szetup-*.log file ?

> started. But when I try to load (from within WinDvi) some of my dvi
> files (those containing math formulas) I get this fatal error
> message:

>   Not all pixel files were found

Because it has not been able to find any of the .pk files it
needs. Probably it is expecting to build .pk files out of type1 fonts
using gsftopk, and for some reason it fails to do so.

I would check that Ghostscript is installed (6.50 recommmended) and
that some command like:

c:\>gsftopk ptmr8r 600

does work.

The difference with 0.4 is probably that type1 fonts are used over mf
fonts.

Fabrice