[fptex] pdf_page failure with pdftex-1.00a-pretest-20010806-win32.zip

Guy Worthington guyw@multiline.com.au
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 10:54:59 +0800

Not content with fpTeX (TeX Live 6) running smoothly, I updated to
pdftex-1.00a-pretest-20010806.  With the new package I am suffering a =
pdf_page
failure when viewing with gsview32 version 4.0.

I've attached the offending TeX files, all these files are stored in the =
same directory,
and you will also require Heiko Oberdiek's updated pdftex.def driver=20
(http://www.tug.org/applications/pdftex/pdftex.def).

Attached also are the pdf outputs.

The file  trypdf-pdfTeX.pdf was generated with the command:

  pdfTeX trypdf

The file  trypdf-pdfeTeX.pdf was generated with the command:

  pdfeTeX trypdf

On my system, the file   trypdf-pdfeTeX.pdf  fails to display with =
gsview, with the
error message:

AFPL Ghostscript 7.0 (2001-04-08)
Copyright (C) 2001 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA.  All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
Scanning PDF file
%GSVIEW_PDF_PAGES: 1 1
Displaying PDF page 1
%GSVIEW_PDF_PAGE: 1