[fptex] documentclass slides and hyperlinks

Luis A Escobar luis@lsu.edu
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:11:19 -0600

 Can somebody help me with this?

  I am using fptex and I want to create hyperlinks when I am
    using the slides document class (\documentclass{slides}).

    Each slide is solution to an Exercise in the book
    that I use for my class. There are so many slides
    that I want to have a summary with hyperlinks of
    all the problems that I have solution for. This
    will allow me to jump quickly to any problem
    for which I have a solution.

    I assign a label to identify each slide
    (for example, \label{Exercise:1.1}).
    I also reference the slide using
    \hyperref[Exercise:1.1]{Textbook Exercise 1.1}
    within the \begin{slides}{} \end{slide} range.

    The link, however,  does not find the corresponding slide.
    I think that the problem is that the slide
    environment does not have sectioning properties.

    I tried to use the \newtheorem environment
    to solve the problem. The hyperlink works but
    I got undesired numbers (created by the \newtheorem
    environment).

    I need help to do this in a clean way.

    I use in sequence ftptex, dvips, ps2pdf in
    Windows 2000, to create the .pdf file.

    Thanks

    Regards,

    Luis A.