[fptex] Slides Fonts and Font Sizes

Luis A Escobar luis@lsu.edu
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:11:17 -0600

I use LaTeX slides (\documentclass{slides}) for
  my classes and presentations.

  I love the LaTeX typesetting quality and the freedom
  that one has to make the entire process automatic
  without a heavy overhead in making presentations.

  But i am very disappointed with 'display' qualities of my
  presentations: small fonts, thin fonts, and fuzzy fonts (no very
  sharp contrast when viewing black and white).
  Everytime that i get in a large room, say (more than 30 people, 5 people
per
  row), using a modern computing projector,
   my slides are difficult to read because of the problems outlined above.
  And my slides look old fashioned (but i am not looking for
  power point stuff, though their text fonts seem to be much better
  than what I use).

  I am using type1 fonts and the font size provide by the document class
  slides (i tried to override the font size of documentclass{slide} but i
failed).

  Any ideas within the freeware, no heavy overhead, side?
  I have looked into things like "The Bundle" and "Vtex"
  but either the overhead in the slides preparation
  or using commercial software
  have stopped me of going on that direction. I also understand
  that alternatives like "Seminar" are proyects with no further
  development. So why to switch to that style? But I may be
  mistaken.

Thanks for anyhelp

 I am old man trying to make modern presentations.

 Luis A.

 Professor.