[fptex] Re: TL6 and NT Emacs configuration bug

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
30 Jun 2001 12:00:55 +0200

* Janusz S Bie <jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl> writes:

> On 12 Feb 2001 jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl (Janusz S. Bień) wrote:
>> When I try to start NT Emacs (either from menu or by executing
>> runemacs), it complains about missing gnuserv, which actually seems
>> to be really missing in distribution.

> This NT Emacs configuration bug, reported by me 4 months ago and
> corrected at BachoTeX in May, is still present in the TeXLive 6
> image of 1 June 2001.

Well, gnuserv.exe and friends are in the bin/ directory of NTEmacs,
but not for that long. However, I wonder :

- will ntemacs be able to find gnuserv.exe if it is located in the
same directory as the emacs.exe file, providing that this directory is
not on the PATH ?
- is it wise to add the ntemacs bin directory to the user PATH, just
for gnuclient(w) when the PATH size is limited for w9x ?

Fabrice