WinEdt5 and TeXLive5

Harriet B Borton bortonh@rpi.edu
Wed, 24 May 2000 16:40:46 -0400

Hi all,
In anticipation of getting TeXLive5 (which I plan to make available to our
faculty and students), I downloaded and installed WinEdt5, the newest
version.

I understand that because it is shareware, WinEdt is not included on the
TeXLive CD, which is why I want to write instructions for our users on how to
get it, install it, and configure it.

When I installed WinEdt 5 yesterday, I was completely overwhelmed-- first by
the complex configure wizard that appears (had no idea what to do for most of
it) and by the fact that everything is configured for MikTeX. I have read
lots of documentation and I'm still not sure how to configure for the TeXLive
installation of fptex. (Do I need to rewrite the startup macro? Do I just (!)
edit the Accessories menu items and change the command line for every
program? If so, it's not clear to me what to write.) I asked the WinEdt
author, who basically just said he doesn't have TeXLive5 and doesn't know.

Has anyone done this? I'd be grateful for any hints.

-Harriet

--
Harriet B. Borton
Applications Consultant, Academic Computing Services