zero-length dvi files

Rolf Niepraschk niepraschk@ChbRB.berlin.ptb.de
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:51:25 EST

If I compile a LaTeX document I get sometimes correctly dvi
files but in the most cases the dvi file has length zero. This
happens only if I work in a network directory ("Netware",
"NDS"). On my local harddisk the result is correct. I have
tested versions of the latex program from fpTeX 3.0, 0.3e and
0.4alpha1. All the same result. A test with the latex program
from a mikTeX installation on the same computer was successful.

                    Rolf Niepraschk

--
| Rolf Niepraschk -- Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt |