gsftopk in fpTeX and GS5.99

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
17 Jan 2000 14:27:27 +0100

[  It   is  of  everybody interest,   so  I'm  cc-ing  the  answer  to
fptex@tug.org. GS  5.99   is not  compatible  with gsftopk.exe,  so an
upgrade will be needed.]

Yes, I'm aware of the problem, it has been reported a few times. There
has been a long  standing  problem with text  vs   binary mode on   gs
stdout. Anyway, I'm  patching gsftopk to talk directly  to the  gs dll
instead of piping  data from/to gswin32c.exe and  it  is likely  to be
safer. It should be available in the next few days, once tested.

--
Fabrice POPINEAU