Fonts...

Carlos del Castillo castillo@auracom.com.mx
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 11:30:54 -0600

Hello everybody, I'm from Mexico soI have to write documents in spansih.

Always I start my documents lke this:

\ifx\pdfoutput\undefined % We're not running pdftex
\documentclass[12pt,letterpaper,twoside]{book}
\else
\documentclass[pdftex,12pt,letterpaper,twoside]{book}
\fi
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[spanish]{babel}
\ifx\pdfoutput\undefined % We're not running pdftex
\usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
\else
\usepackage[pdftex]{graphics}
\fi
% are we in pdftex ????
\ifx\pdfoutput\undefined % We're not running pdftex
\else
\pdfoutput=1
\relax
\RequirePackage[colorlinks,hyperindex]{hyperref}
\def\pdfBorderAttrs{/Border [0 0 0] } % No border arround Links
\fi

When i use latex the fonts are very nice, but when I use pdflatex the
font are very bad. So you know what I'm doing wrong or how can I fix
this. If I have to use other font package, how do I install them and
then how do I use them?. I'm runnig web2c 0.3 under Windows 98.

Thank you very much.