Windvi improvement suggestion

Fabrice POPINEAU Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
27 Oct 1999 20:03:04 +0200

Nicolas Marchand <Nicolas.Marchand@inpg.fr> writes:

> This would be great if Windvi would just tell us when the DVI file is
> not correct or does not even exist instead of closing Windvi. This often
> occurs when i try to open (or update) a DVI file when compiling the
> corresponding TeX file.
> Is this easily possible ?

Certainly for the files that can't be opened. For the dvi files that
exists and are being written by tex, it might be harder.

Ob news : most of the binaries for a fptex-0.4 are ok. There remains
very few things (like allowing dvips to print on a ps printer) I'd
like to tackle for this round apart for windvi, fpsetup and
texconfig. I'm cleaning up patches for src-specials thanks to Stephan
Ulrich and I will release a first set of binaries (0.4beta1). Next
I'll go on on fpsetup and texconfig. Next some additions to windvi.

Fabrice