Windvi anti-alias problem

Fabrice POPINEAU Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
02 Oct 1999 00:44:16 +0200

"Ruben Prins" <paprins@gironet.nl> writes:

> Yup, the video-driver seems to be the problem, since turning off
> 2d-accelleration cures the problem; the problem that is now created,
> however, is a general slow-down of Windows - so I'll stick to 0.62 right
> now.
>
> I still feel a bit odd about the correct usage of colors with the magnifying
> glass; I don't know whether you used a different approach there, or maybe
> [please] you could look at older versions of Windvi that didn't have these
> strange problems at all.
>
> Meanwhile I'll start looking for drivers that are more up-to-date (if they
> exist), so sorry to spoil your fun.

However, the last round trip of 0.66 versions showed up a few things
that need to be fixed :

- I have changed the way glyphs are displayed, and it seems that some
drivers do not like it. I will probably put an option there and
resurrect the 'draw in memory' thing.
- Some printer drivers do not understand 'upside-down' bitmaps, so I
will need to patch the code that read pk files.
- Palettized devices should be handled in a better way.

Some work to do, but expect something new in a few days,

Fabrice