LaTeX question

Dr. A. D. Snider (EE) snider@eng.usf.edu
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 07:47:01 -0500 (EST)

If this is the inappropriate venue for my question, could you
please tell me where to redirect it?
I ran LaTeX on a document (a book manuscript) and received the message

! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [buffer size=3000].
1.1
  %%^^M%% This is file 'amsmath.sty', ^^M%% generated with the docst...
If you really absolutely need more capacity,
you can ask a wizard to enlarge me.

Lamport's book indicates that such messages are usually misleading, but
since the file runs on my secretary's version of LaTeX, I am inclined to
believe it this time. How do I enlarge the capacity?

Thank you for your time.

Arthur David Snider        Dept. of Electrical Engineering, ENB/118
Professor of EE            University of South Florida
813-9744785, ENB 362       Tampa, FL 33620-5350
fax 813 974-5250           http://ee.eng.usf.edu