Fonts...

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek@ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 02:21:00 +0100

At 18:46 31.10.1999 -0600, Carlos del Castillo wrote:
>Could you tell me how
>
>to setu dvips as qou mention,

What I have meant is the following:
Instead of mixing local and global options:

\ifx\pdfoutput\undefined % We're not running pdftex
  \documentclass[12pt,letterpaper,twoside]{book}
\else
  \documentclass[pdftex,12pt,letterpaper,twoside]{book}
  % ==> global option 'pdftex'
\fi
\ifx\pdfoutput\undefined % We're not running pdftex
  \usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
  % ==> local option 'dvips'
\else
  \usepackage[pdftex]{graphics}
  % ==> local option 'pdftex'
\fi

I would only use a global option for the driver:

\ifx\pdfoutput\undefined % We're not running pdftex
  \documentclass[dvips,12pt,letterpaper,twoside]{book}
  % ==> global option 'dvips'
\else
  \documentclass[pdftex,12pt,letterpaper,twoside]{book}
  % ==> global option 'pdftex'
\fi
\usepackage{graphicx}
% ==> driver is given by global option.

>and where can I find the other fonts and
>how do I use them.

  CTAN:fonts/ae/
  CTAN:fonts/zefonts/

If you are using fpTeX, the ae fonts should already installed.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek@ruf.uni-freiburg.de>