Re[2]: Adding local texmf tree

Roman Belenov Roman Belenov <roman@nstl.nnov.ru>
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:34:32 +0400

Hello Eli,

I'm  not  experienced  in kpathsea/web2c hacking, so I just used trial
and  error method. I added binaries to PATH and tried to make 'fmtutil
--all'  run.  So  I'  ve  run  mktexlsr which in turn required setting
TEXMFMAIN(btw  it  is  not  mentioned  in web2c and kpathsea docs) and
VARTEXFONTS;  after  that  I've  set TEXMFCNF and fmtutil --all worked
without problems.

I   tried   to   put  multiple  paths  into  TEXMFMAIN  delimited  by
semicolons or colons but it didn't work.

BTW  Is there a program in fpTeX that will generate mf.base and put it
in  the  right  place (I know that it can be done manually with inimf,
but is there something more automatic ?)

>> I couldn't find how to make fpTeX search my local texmf
>> tree  before  the  main  one.  Any suggestions ?

EZ> It's all explained in the Kpathsea docs.  If you already tried that and
EZ> it didn't work, please tell the details (what did you try and how did it
EZ> fail).

Best regards,
 Roman                            mailto:roman@nstl.nnov.ru