dvips

Bob Howlett bobh@maths.usyd.edu.au
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:55:01 +1000

Most people here, on the department's unix system, get a ps
file when they use dvips -- I think it depends on whether
or not they have an environment variable of some kind set.
So I don't accept that sending the ps output to a file is
inconsistent with the best dvips traditions.
In any event, fptex is a windows system; so if the output is
to be sent to lpr then the system should incorporate an lpr
that will actually print the output instead of giving an
error message. (Myself, I much prefer a ps file to be created,
since I always want to look at the output with gsview before
printing it.)

Bob Howlett