dvips

Juan I. Montijano monti@posta.unizar.es
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 11:33:12 +0200

I have fixed my problem with the ps printing.

If I generate the ps file with the order  "dvips -ta4 my_document"  I
get the ps file printed in landscape mode.
If I generate the ps file with the order "dvips my_document" (a4 is the
default) it is printed properly.
The differences between the files are just

%%BeginPaperSize: a4
a4
%%EndPaperSize

or well

%%PaperSize: A4

NO problem seems to be with dvips.
The problem must be in the printer (Apple LaserWriter 8500) that does
not interprets properly the postscript orders, because sending the ps
files to an Apple LaserWriter pro 630 both documents are printed in the
right form.

I would like to know if the problem is in my printer or is general with
all 8500 printers. Anyone has experienced such a behavior ? If so, I
should report the problem to Apple.

Thanks,
Juan Ignacio

--
Juan I. Montijano              e-mail:  monti@posta.unizar.es
Dept. Matematica Aplicada      Tf.:     +34 976 761120