mktexpk can't find my fonts anymore!

Jody Klymak jklymak@apl.washington.edu
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:06:29 -0800

Hi Eli,

Actually, running mktexlsr does not make my PK files visible to kpsewhich.
Kpathsea seems to use different environment variables for different file types.
Unfortunately, the problem seems to be that mktexpk uses a *different* set of
rules.  Something is pretty weird about the way things are set up, but like I
say, I am pretty sure I am using the out-of-the-box solution.

Besides, runing mktexlsr all the time is not a very satisfying solution.  It
would be preferable if the PK files were put in /var/tmp/texfonts like
$VARTEXFONTS is asking them to be.  This directory doesn't rely on the ls-R
files for searching.  Instead, mktexpk is putting them in c:/TeX/texmf/fonts
directory.

Oops, I actually noticed, that this is at least an improvement over where they
were put previously, which was with the TFM directory.  They are now stored in
c:/TeX/texmf/fonts//pk/ljfour/public/cm///cmsy10.657pk
so progress is being made!  However, they are still in the TEXMF tree.

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak                         APL/School of Oceanography,
mailto:jklymak@apl.washington.edu   University of Washington