windvi

Fabrice Popineau popineau@ese-metz.fr
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 23:51:50 +0100

Hi,

I'm working on windvi right now. The next 2 features will be :

- HTEX : surprisingly easy given the existing code ... Right now, I can navigate inside the
document. Some work still to be done to handle all urls. Also, I have never seen how xdvik
does HTEX and what it looks like.
Anyone for sending a bitmap of xdvik with 'search anchor' and 'info anchor'
widgets ? Else I will need to compile it and install it somewhere ... Maybe there is even a
more windows oriented way to handle this. Any ideas welcome.

- Printing : through dvips or directly. But still some questions :
    * any interest to print through dvilj on hp printers ?
    * directly will be slow, because the page will be sent as a bitmap to the printer.
       I'm now convinced that there is no other way to handle everyhting (ps, color).
       But someone could show me I'm wrong ?
    * Any way to autodetect PS printers under windows ? Same question for HP printers ?

Any other feature request is welcome too.  Maybe there are more important things to do ?

I will probably make intermediate releases, as I have changed many things, and it is not
easy to do regression tests ;-)

Fabrice