next version

Erik Frambach E.H.M.Frambach@eco.rug.nl
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 15:20:20 +0100

>  > is different. Not a single native Windows user uses Emacs or any Unix
>  > style program.
> do these `natives' not even know they have a command line prompt?

They have a mouse, don't they? But seriously, Windows users are
different.

> do you *really* think that TeX is going to be used by such people anyway?

And do you *really* want to keep TeX a mysterious game for insiders only?

>  > System managers will know where to get the man pages, etc. anyway. >
> Windows people don't have system managers....

That's why documentation must be easily accessable to *all*.

I don't want to start any religious war here, I just want remind you
that we, with all our experience, are not exactly average users...

Erik