[Offtopic] man to hlp

Taco Hoekwater taco.hoekwater@wkap.nl
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:55:30 +0000 (GMT)

    Prof> On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Tobias Burnus wrote:
    >> Hallo Rolf, hi all,
    >>
    >> > does anyone know a tools for converting unix man pages to
    >> windows help > files?

I've got a dos program on my disk called man2hlp.exe. It used to be
part of the tknt (the Tk toolkit) package, but no longer it seems.
I've put it up on my web site for a while:

	 http://www.cybercomm.nl/~bittext/temp/man2hlp.exe

It outputs rtf, so you still need a help compiler, and I no longer
remember whether it uses preformatted or source pages (I suspect
preformatted ones. In that case, at least DJGPP has a port of man and
groff to create the formatted pages).

Greetings, taco

--
Taco Hoekwater                                 taco.hoekwater@wkap.nl
Kluwer Academic Publishers                            -- Pre Press --