bufsize

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:43:56 +0000 (GMT)

Fabrice POPINEAU writes:
 > - buf_size in texmf.cnf is set to 50000, but when overflowing is
 > reported to be 30000 ? Normal because sup_buf_size is 30000 in tex.ch .
I think I reported something similar a month or two ago. the existence
of those maximums on tex.ch is not very well documented or
understood. we need the list of maximum values in texmf.cnf for all to
see.

 > (f:/TeX/texmf/tex/latex/misc/psfrag.sty) (test.aux) <psfrag:block1.eps>! Unable
 > to read an entire line---bufsize=30000.
 > Please increase buf_size in texmf.cnf.
 >
 > This is expected (for me !) because the .eps file contains a long
 > binary string, longer than the buf_size, and psfrag reads the file.
looks horrible familiar

 > Without psfrag, this file can't be processed. What's the proper answer
 > to this problem ? Increase sup_buf_size ? Or is there any other hack ?

convert the EPS file to have better line-endings in? is that binary section
*really* binary? get it re-exported as non-binary PS?

then again i think psfrag is a very clever, but ultimately unwise,
tool to use....

sebastian