patgen problems?

Fabrice POPINEAU popineau@esemetz.ese-metz.fr
11 Sep 1998 16:19:27 +0200

Erik Framback has found what looks like a bug in patgen. I do not know
if it is actually a bug in patgen, a bug in patgen 2.3, or a bug in
patgen win32 version of web2c.

What is happening :

- all the chars written by patgen 2.3 under win32 are written in
decimal. I mean the output is :

5198
51100
11551
11651

instead of :

3b
3d
s3
t3

3 = 51 b = 98 and so on.

Idem for the pattmp file.

- I have not check very far, but making 'patgen-check' in the web2c
directory does not report any error.

    Erik> Here's a diff of the logfiles of both versions, it may indicate
    Erik> where the trouble comes from:

---cut---
1c1
< This is PATGEN, Version 2.3 (Web2c 7.2)
---
> This is PATGEN, Version 2.0 (C version 6.1)
107c107
< hyphenate word list? writing pattmp.53
---
> hyphenate word list? writing pattmp.5
---cut---

I'd like to know if the same thing is happening with the Unix version
of patgen 2.3 .

Any ideas ?

Fabrice Popineau