Windvi0.56 GS problem

Fabrice POPINEAU popineau@ese-metz.fr
08 Oct 1998 10:46:38 +0200

"Ross Darnell" <R.E.Darnell@newcastle.ac.uk> writes:

> I have the following problem
> When displaying postscript specials the log file gives me
>
> Can't find initialization file gs_init.ps.
> gsdll_init returned 255

gsdll32.dll is responsible for looking for gs_init.ps . Seems that the
dll is loaded but can't find its intialization file.

So you can :
- try to put / instead \ in GS_LIB (but I doubt it will matter)
- do you have only one gs version installed ?
- check by running gswin32 from the console prompt.

I will make windvi looking for the installed gs version automatically,
as these variables (GS_PATH, GS_LIB) are registered by gs.

Fabrice