windvi 0.56

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@gust.org.pl
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 04:16:50 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello Fabrice,

I tried windvi56 and observed:
0. I removed my previous windvi.cnf
1. first run: wtest.dvi is displayed properly.
2. after quit, in the new windvi.cnf I found
       allowShell=false
   the next run can't display .jpg ,thus:
   (null): shell escape disallowed for special "`jpeg2ps -r 0 -h fab.jpg"
   as expected.
   But, more often, after quiting I found:
       allowShell=ghostscript=true
3. When I `repaired' windvi.cnf:
     allowShell=true
   everything is OK in next runs.
4. After several runs of Windvi try Ctrl-Alt-Del to see how many
   windvi processes are not cleaned. I found that it depends on
   quiting with known GS error:
     gsdll_execute_end returns-17
5. File -> Open -> than resign (close dialog) leads to general error
   (do you need registers report?)
   By the way, do you consider to reopen the previously visited directory?
   It would be welcome.

Greetings and thanks,
**StaW
Ps. Sorry for disturbing you with MikTeX infos ;-)

Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl