[Fontinst] ITC Galliard CC - ff, ffi & ffl ligatures

Plamen Tanovski pgt at tanovski.de
Tue Apr 28 12:18:44 CEST 2009

> In fact, the Roman does contain precisely those three glyphs! So it seems I
> would have to first rename the glyphs on OldStyleRoman {fglrj8r} and then
> add them to Roman{fglr8r}. I will have to revisit the /reglyphfonts command.
> Is that the way to do this?
>
> The situation with the fj ligature is analogous. It is in the j slot of
> Alt-Roman {fglra8a} and Alt-Italic {fglria8a}. Alt-Italic also has us, as &
> is ligatures in the [, \ and ] slots, if you can believe it.

For the fj ligature, you have to iclude it in the 8r.enc vector. I
can't get the whole placement of the glyphs, and a search on internet
didn't bring be the glyph tables. Can you please do t1testpage on the
fonts and place the ps files online. If you don't have t1testpage but
ghostscript and shell, you can do this in the fonts directory:

gs -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pswrite  -sFONTPATH=.  -sOutputFile=galliard.ps   prfont.ps -c `grep FontName *afm | sed 's/^FontName \(.*\)$/\/\1 DoFont/'`

then, you have th glyphs in the file galliard.ps

best regards

--
Plamen Tanovski
Prager Str. 125, 04317 Leipzig