[Fontinst] ITC Galliard CC - ff, ffi & ffl ligatures

Christopher Adams chris at raysend.com
Tue Apr 28 14:12:50 CEST 2009

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all. You've been
extraordinarily helpful and patient with my questions!

Lars, I must not understand how to use your code. Do I put that in an .etx
file like {t1fglalt.etx} and call it instead of t1? Like this:

\installfont{fglr8t}{fglr8r,fglra,newlatin}{t1fglalt}{T1}{fgl}{m}{n}{}

The script then halts with the error:

Reglyphed metrics written on fglria.mtx.
(./fglr8r.mtx) (./fglra.mtx)
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/fontinst/latinmtx/newlatin.mtx
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/fontinst/latinmtx/llbuild.mtx
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/fontinst/latinmtx/ltcmds.mtx))
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/fontinst/latinmtx/lubuild.mtx)
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/fontinst/latinmtx/lsbuild.mtx)
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/fontinst/latinmtx/lsfake.mtx)
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/fontinst/latinmtx/lsmisc.mtx)
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/fontinst/latinmtx/ltpunct.mtx))
(./t1fglalt.etx
! Extra \fi.
l.1 \encoding

Even if I comment out all of the \nextslot and \setslot commands, the error
is the same. How should I be using your code?

- - christopher